Monday, January 23, 2012

Food, of course, and Mail Art, of course

 I made crèpes for breakfast on Sunday. I'm grateful that the previous person left the flour as I'd probably not have bought a bag of it. Look, Bon Maman preserves.
 The people without roofs were also cooking lunch/dinner. They had a pot on a heater of some kind. There are two people sitting on the bench. They contributed to the pot. I missed the eating of the meal, as it happened a few hours later and I was busy at that time. It's been so interesting to be a watcher of life on the street.
 On the board downstairs, I put up one of Andrea's weather-grams. I put a used metro ticket up next to it saying "Free Gratuit" with an arrow. This morning, all of the used tickets were gone, and one of the weather grams and a little collage booklet that I offered up. Maybe people thought the metro tickets were what was free? and useable?
 Åke's wife came to visit him and brought me a beatiful surprise. She gave me a knit ornament, AND the instructions how to make them, and a book of traditional Norwegian knitting patterns. She has challenged me! I think I'm going to attempt to make these.  What a sweet thing to do for me. I'm so touched and feel so fortunate.
 This is card #815. I used a show card and part of a painting.
 This is card #816, using another of those show cards and a different painting.
The sun is coming through and Notre Dame looks like this, this morning.

We'll be leaving early tomorrow for 5 days away from the computer. I might be able to post some text from my iPod Touch (first generation, no a camera) or not.

See you when I return, with photos from somewhere else.

2 comments:

Margie said...

I am so enjoying Paris through your eyes dear Mim! Thanks for my snail mail surprise! xx

Debbie Clandening said...

I'm glad you are having fun. Love the beautiful orniments.

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...