Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hotel de Sens


This is a view of the Hotel de Sens from the window at the end of our corridor. It's one of the few medieval buildings that survive. It was built in 1454 or 1445, something like that. In any case, quite old. It houses the Forney library of graphic arts, including wall paper. The little street to the right is the one I walked the other day when I went to Monoprix. It's amazing to me that I see this sight everyday, as I walk down the corridor to the elevator or stairs. I step out of the Cite, look to my left, and there is this building. I'm pretty much in awe, being here, seeing these sights, speaking French, buying baguettes and pain au raisin. Pretty awesome.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...