Monday, October 23, 2006

Clingancourt, redux






Okay, so remember when I said I could wait another 16 years to go to Clignancourt, the Marche aux Puces, again? Remember that? Well, guess what...it was only a week and we were back there. However, I knew how to exit without going through the bottle neck area. N and J wanted to go so we tagged along. It was really fun, and we got to see some areas we hadn't seen the week before. Some really "junky" areas further back, where one could find little treasures. We ate lunch at a cafe and were royally overcharged, due to our being too tired to pay attention. I felt really badly that I wasn't more alert about that. Oh well. On the way back, N and J changed metros at Barbes-Rochechouart, while we went all the way to Chatelet. We got off, the clouds above Hotel de Ville looked heavy with rain. A cute children's outfit caught our eye. Loved the way the mannekin was posed. We went down rue de barre, that picturesque street. That's Chuck dashing out of a shop that has 20th century "antiques." There were some little brass cars from Russia in the window, but plus cher, meaning out of our price range. The owner, however, is nice to speak with about his stuff. We made it back to the Cite before it rained. Later, we met up for a dinner at the creperie on Iles St. Louis, where the chef remembered us from last Sunday. No pictures of food, we ate it too quickly.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...