Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Received things

 This came from Pucelilina who lives in Belgium. The rainbow is on carton/corrugated cardboard and is sparkly. It's quite sweet.
 Gabby sent this to me in four envelopes, arriving on different dates. I had a feeling after no.2 arrived that there'd be more, and there were.
My friend Andrea's friend, whom I'd corresponded with many, many years ago, reconnected and sent me a BIG bag of men's ties. She's used them to make things. I'm not sure what I can make from them or perhaps will share them with a maker of tie things. Hmmm. I wish you could smell how lovely these ties smell - they were washed in some nicely fragrant soap. I opened the packet and thought, hmmm, freshly dried laundry!

Okay, enough of a break, back to sewing.

3 comments:

Margie said...

How fun to get surprises in the mail!

Barbara said...

if those ties were mine, I think I'd make a pillow cover!
xo, bb

Beanie Mouse said...

Lesa told me she was about to donate those ties to charity shops..... and I suggested she ask you first before the car journey into town!! Glad they made it!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...