Sunday, January 22, 2012

Choeurs Resilience

 We went to the concert by this group last night. This is a publicity photo off of their web site.
This is a photo I managed to take from the back of the church. We were so surprised to see Yadt Elyas playing the oud! We'd met him a number of years ago when he was living down the hall from us.
More information about this amazing organization can be found here and here.

We saw that there were some people in the group with visible disabilities, but didn't know that the group was dedicated to including them in the choeur.

We'll stop at the Cafetheque (a coffee roasting and drinking place down the street) one day soon, and ask Yadt (who works there) how he got involved with the group.

2 comments:

Beanie Mouse said...

Gosh, you guys are having a blast, aren't you!?!?!

Cottage and Broome said...

Mim, Looks like you are having a wonderful time! So nice you will get a chance to meet up with Andy and some of the other 365ers. I have travel envy, Laura P.(spoppd)

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...