Thursday, January 07, 2010

The studio, the wall, and penmanship

Today, I decided to put my studio in order (again) and was having such fun, seriously, finding bits and pieces of things I wanted to put into collages, that I had to stop and make a postcard to send to Katerina in Thessaloniki! Then I put new stuff on my wall, my REAL wall, then I thought of Andy in the U.K., who is doing the same (This photo is for you, Andy.) A good day in the studio! I got a really nice gift from a friend....a pen set. It's a reproduction kind of thing. A cool box holding pens, one is glass, pen points, and ink. She must have known that I'd actually use it. I added some additional Speedball points that I had. My penmanship needs improvement, which will happen with this set as it requires that I slow down when I write. Okay, so here's to better penmanship in 2010.


4 comments:

phonelady said...

Oh yes here is to better penmanship indeed . God bless and what a lovely gift . Lucky you .

Lesa said...

What a gorgeous box and pen set. Where do you suppose your friend found it?

Your wall is gorgeous!

Moonshadow said...

I want to thank you for commenting on my KSBornTalent blog in November. That's a really nice pen box that you received, I didn't have much luck writing with real pen and ink when I tried years ago. May have to try again sometime. I'm interested in checking out more of your crafts so I'll be back when I have more time to browse. :)

Andytgeezer said...

Thanks for the wall pic Mim!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...