Today was "C" day in the alphabet month project of our Mail Art 365. I entered my studio this morning thinking "what to do what to do" and I pulled several letter "Cs" out of my box of letters. I laid them on my cutting board and thought "C" = collage, of course, so I decided on a simple collage. 3 elements and a letter would be my parameters.
I wanted to use text as texture so pulled out some books in other languages that I have just for collage purposes. I got them at a library discard sale.
Since one of the books was in Russian, I decided I had to use it since it was in the Cyrillic alphabet. Perfect!
I was quite happy with the way these turned out. I like the simplicity. I will be doing more like these during the project, for sure.
For the substrate, I used packaging material, cracker boxes. The color is nicely neutral.
I have a small porcelain bunny from Germany and a small hand carved wood bunny from the Shenandoah valley of Virginia.
My honey reminded me that I had these two faux Staffordshire bunnies. A bit of searching and I re-discovered them. We had gotten them near Colonial Williamsburg many years ago.
Happy Chinese New Year! It's the year of the Rabbit. My honey and I are year of the Snake babies. What year were you born in?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's August already!!!
The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days. I'm writing writing this...
-
I received a postcard in an envelope, inviting me to participate in the Bunny Project. How fun. The card I received had the bottom right co...
-
I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...
-
I created a couple pieces of Mailart today. One is on an old postcards that had postage on it. Purchased from the postoffice by someone whe...




3 comments:
Goat!
I' m a monkey! 2012 is the year of the monkey, I think! Love all your latest mail art. You've been busy!!!
I received my "C" (66C)today with all elements perfectly intact! Mim, you're right..."The Mailbox is a Museum!" Many thanks. It's a wonderful Composition!
xo,
bb
Post a Comment