Wednesday, February 02, 2011

More #64s, can't help myself!

 I couldn't stop myself. I just kept thinking about the random possibilites with sewing maps. I took the idea from the earlier pieces I made today, and started to sew pieces of colorful maps to an odd shaped piece of topographical map I had on the table.
 I used my zigzag stitch and some straight stitching. I had such fun doing this that I didn't want to stop.
 After I stitched on as much as I could see, my eyes were getting weary, I marked off 4 postcards trying to catch in as much of the sew space as possible with little waste.
 I only had to add on to one piece to make a completely filled postcard size.
This last image shows the page before I cut it into sections. Of course, I was toooo tired to go back downstairs for my camera. Used old school cell phone.
Maybe I need TWO cameras, an upstairs and a downstairs. Oh how decadent that'd be. Maybe I should just remember to carry my camera up to the studio each time I plan to make more pieces. Oh, good idea, Mim!

2 comments:

Anke Martin said...

HI Mim! That is awesome!!!!!! What a thumbs up idea!!!!!!
Have fun creating many more!!!!!
I'm enjoying your every day mail art journey!!!!
Smiles, Anke ;)

mad said...

I totally love these!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...