Saturday, February 19, 2011

#81, about color


Among the items I have from my deceased friend, is this box of color papers. It's probably from the 1970s and is the same as the ColorAide papers that I would have my students purchase years ago (until they got too expensive) to do color projects. I've decided to use these papers as my year of making mail art continues.
 I had lots of these small color samples, which I've been cutting out of a book about color that wasn't what I thought it'd be when I ordered it; so it's become fodder for collage! At least, I could put it to good use. REDs, lots of reds, so perfect for the letter "R" day of this alphabet month.
I used a green base since this is the complementary color for red. In person, the cards POP! The addition of the multiple letters on top, tones down the vibrations a bit.

If you'd like to read about red, I recommend the book "A Perfect Red" by Amy Butler Greenfield. It's history, mystery, obsession, intrigue, more about red than you ever thought you'd want to know. A good read, too.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Ooh, I like!! Red against that apple green does pop! Xo

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...