Some days everything falls into place. It just happens.
The letter "N" series is based on two things, a composition by Gauguin (a self portrait with a yellow wall behind him and his image in the lower left) see below, and the dictum "if you have 4 things, use three.
The mat board was blue and I saw it as a really good background for these simple compositions.
I saw this painting in an issue of France magazine this morning and it just got stuck in my head when I went into my studio. What an inspiration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's August already!!!
The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days. I'm writing writing this...
-
I received a postcard in an envelope, inviting me to participate in the Bunny Project. How fun. The card I received had the bottom right co...
-
I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...
-
I created a couple pieces of Mailart today. One is on an old postcards that had postage on it. Purchased from the postoffice by someone whe...




1 comment:
Several years ago, I saw a painting by Gauguin of a Portrait of Jacob Meyer de Haan in a magazine. He has this bushy red mustache and is sitting next to a bowl of fruit on a table...and for some reason, I just LOVE that painting. I can't put my finger on why. Perhaps it's the subject's exceptional cranium.
Post a Comment