Friday, January 14, 2011

#44s

"1920 fears"

"1950 style"
Some of the participants in Mail Art 365 write a lot about each of their daily pieces. They write their motivation, their technique, their recipients, and such. Me, I write nothing but the number of the piece. I read the other day that some people like to know about the above things so I decided to write about them here. And post process or technique the way I did the other day.



Since I'm trying to use up the scraps that I already have, I find it interesting how I find ways to combine them, ways I'd never thought about but work for me.

The backgrounds on these are from that Merrimekko "newspaper" I got in NYC. I searched in my tins for vintage items. I wanted a person and a thing and some writing. I was happy to re-discover the 1920's bit of advertising. It was from an article about what fears were focused on during the 1920s in the states. The old-timey Georgia Belle seemd to be perfect for the 1950s bathing beauty.  These turned out okay. Now to make today's piece of Mail Art. Running late!!

2 comments:

PostMuse said...

I think if I had an established art blog, I'd probably just post a link on MailArt365 blog, but my blog is really for my postcard project and just a few asides, so I'm using MailArt365 as my art blog. I like having the whole thing documented so that I can look back over the year and see what I've done. Some folk do that with Flickr but I think Flicker format is not as comfortable for reading.

Margie said...

Ooh, love the three image cards! Neat feel to them. I like your usual commentary. Just enough, but not too much. You write like I would guess you talk, since we've not chatted on the phone...yet! Enjoy your day Mim! Hugs, Margie

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...