Monday, January 24, 2011

Some mail art +

Color
 Yesterday I was sooo ill.   I'm not sure if it was the extremely spicy Thai food I had on Saturday or a 24 hour GI bug. I stayed in bed most of the day feeling so weak and tired. However, late afternoon, I roused myself and went into my studio to produce #54. I just took a pile of colored paper that was sitting there and stuck it onto a black background. Voila! Looking at it today, I must say, it turned out really good. Sick or not, Mail Art must be made!
Sweet Travels

A friend called me yesterday while I was abed and I'm not sure I made much sense but I do remember her telling me that she's decided where she was going on her next trip. She was so excited about it. I made this card for her today though there isn't any piece of it related to her choice. It's just that traveling is so sweet!
 On Saturday, while at Antique Village, I saw this advertising display tucked into a big case full of glass bottles. Check out what it says. Amazing! A whole other way of thinking about smoking, folks.
This is a view of the glass display case. You can see the blue cigarette display tucked in there. Amazing, just amazing.  Do you remember how cigarettes were advertised in the past? Have you seen old adverts? Hard to believe.

3 comments:

Margie said...

Ugh, no time to be sick! It didn't effect your ability to produce another striking card! hugs, Margie

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Funny, (about the smoking, not the sick part). I just went to a Film Noir Festival and everybody -- I mean everybody - in the film was smoking. One scene was a guy lighting up in his hospital bed after an accident and the audience burst out laughing. Of course this is San Francisco and you can't smoke anywhere!

Anke Martin said...

HI Mim, hope you are feeling better again....this bug is going around here too, hope we won't get it again. Once a year is enough and since we just had it end of last year I'm not ready for another round.
BUT your are a tough woman ! Creating even when you are sick!!!!! And the result is so full of energy even you didn't have it while creating.

Smiles, Anke ;)

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...