Sunday, November 04, 2007

Elflog and our trip.

Yesterday, the shelf looked like this. The little smiley face has been moved to the pole , for several days now actually, there's a plastic box of some kind, a wire word "remember" and a stone with "hope", which has been on the shelf awhile. A small plastic bag containing several items and some pebbles complete the gathering. Today, I'll put something on the shelf, my last contribution for 5 weeks, as we are once again off to Paris . Will the shelf continue as a community art installation? We shall see!

Here's my suitcase, all ready to be zipped up. Notice the roll of toilet paper? I decided that I didn't want to make a trip to the Franprix for t.p. as soon as we arrived. There may be some left from the last studio occupant but I didn't want to take a chance on that. My suitcase has more art supplies and books than clothing I think. It weighs about 35 lbs. (16k) and my carry-on weighs about 10 lbs (4.6k) The carry-on holds my iBook, iPod, camera, and all the cords necessary for being the connected person that I've become. Ha ha ha, who knew?! My quart bag has 3 tiny containers in it, lotions and toothpaste. I've got a book, my French dictionary, some snacks and my notebook. I think I'm all set. My next entry will be from our studio in the Cité International des arts.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...