Sunday, November 11, 2007

Pere Lachaise revisited.

Since R and K live so close to the cemetery, we couldn't pass up the chance to stroll through it. I snapped some images of a 1920s era monument before the rain started. I risked my camera getting wet to take this image of the red umbrellas. They were so lively in the grayness of the day.














We got thoroughly drenched but it was worth walking up to the chapel at the top of the hill to see the tomb of the artist Gericault. I couldn't get a photo because of the downpour. We walked back to the Metro stop, which has one of those nice Guimard, art nouveau entries, and rode home with lots of damp people and a damp dog.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...