Thursday, November 08, 2007

A walk in Montmartre

After a light lunch in 8317, we walked around Montmartre with D. & N. What fun to just wander around trying to imagine what it looked like when Utrillo painted at the Maison Rose and Picasso and friends hung out at the Lapin Agile. We passed by those sites. There were lots of tourists in the Place du Tertre, crazy! It's November and a week day. Many tour groups were at Sacre Coeur. Not Americans, I heard Italian and German spoken. Chuck took this postcard perfect photo of the church and the view from the steps.



At the last vineyard in Paris, I stuck my lens through the chain link fence for a closeup of the autumn vine leaves. I wish I'd taken a better photo of the vineyard itself, but you get the idea. We walked for a few hours, just wandered and eventually headed down to Place Blanche, where I made everyone walk to the metro at Place Pigalle. One has to do that once just to see all of the shops on either side. Once back in the Marais, we stopped for wine and tartine at a local place.



2 comments:

Amblus said...

Beautiful! I'm 100% full of envy.

Chris said...

This is awesome. When we went, we saw these funny guys sing in front of the sacre coeur, what a great trip!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...