Friday, November 23, 2007

Fleur exhibition

The Mairie de la Ville de Paris holds an exhibit each year of art work done by employees. As part of the show, florists who are responsible for the Gardens, green spaces, public building plantings, get to show off their creativity. This is the second year that we've been able to see this. Chuck took these great photos for me. Some of the arrangements were very odd, even somewhat unattractive, like that square one in the distance, but most were very lovely. They were displayed in two white tents right in front of the Hotel de Ville (City Hall.)










An ice skating rink is being set up in the plaza and hoping it'll be finished before we leave, so we can show it to you.



No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...