Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Mail Art

 #7 was sent to someone in the Netherlands, not named so it'll be a surprise. I love the face on this image. It's from ceramic vase, the woman was holding a bird in her hand, had on a long dress with a flower print skirt. I could only fit the top on the postcard. I love the look, so sweet, so open, sort of surprised, happy. This might be one of my favorite cards.
Card #8 is one of my color experiments. I think this one worked very well as the small blue rectangles really do seem different, even on the computer screen.  I'll do these experiment cards periodically through-out the 365 project.  I have one more card to post from home, then on to the ones that I'll be doing away from home. I may not have access to the internet so posting may wait until early next week. My own anticipation of what I'll do is exciting to me.

1 comment:

PostMuse said...

The blue in the red looks lighter! And sort of "pops out" from the background ... almost 3D.

I'm going to be traveling this weekend, too, and will have "art to go" in my travel bag. I'm going to try to enlist the collaboration of my 3 year old granddaughter and teenage nephews in weekend creations. I don't know if that will work, though, because I have limited supplies packed.

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...