Friday, December 30, 2011

In memory, mail art, and soon....

 Today is the one year anniversary of the death of my friend. She was a painter, we met when we were 14 years old. This was taken in 1993 before she became ill. I do not know why "yes" was posted on her wall. That is one of her paintings behind here. I think of her very often.
 Big news in Tiny Town: the library is expanding! I wasn't sure how to incorporate the trunk of old books that I cut out of a magazine. I just loved the image. Here, I trimmed it up so it looks like it's going into or coming out of the courtyard. This is not photoshop, it's old cut and paste method.
 Here a portion of the trunk of books landed on the hunting club grounds outside of Tiny Town. How the residents will get them to the town is unknown.
 I was able to use this section in the background. Addition books appear to be arriving in Tiny Town.  Again, I've had some fun comments on these on Facebook.
This tiny image is what I'll soon be seeing from our very own (temporary) studio. Now to figure out how to pare down the art supplies!

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...