Sunday, December 25, 2011

Dotty mail art & a memory

 It's quiet today. The streets are quiet. No cars going past. The sky is gray, but the sun is a brightness showing through like a thin haze. Very odd light.
I decided that I needed some color, so I dug out the Color-Aid paper and played with layers and dots.
 The substrate is cut from some scrap cardboard with angles at the corners.
This is the loveliest tree we'd ever seen. It was nearby and we'd go to see it night after night. I was decorated like this for 2 or maybe 3 years. We just loved seeing it. Now it's only a memory, revisited in photos.

The owners of the house & tree gave us such a lovely gift. I hope they knew that; I think they knew that. I'm glad I have photos of it.

It reminds me of something I read this morning in the latest issue of The Sun magazine; Sy, the editor, was reminded of the Buddha saying "Remember we're not here forever. Every moment is precious."
I'm grateful for all  my precious moment.
And grateful for you, my friends!

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...