Thursday, December 22, 2011

A few more in-coming

Positively Postal (aka Scott) sent me an envelope full of goodies from the U.K.
 PTRZIA TICTAC sent me an envelope with a postcard and a set of her lovely artist stamps. What a treasure.
 Wenchkin is now doing a daily mail art project using her amazingly good silkscreen process. For this mailing, she folded the wings and antennae so they fit into the little envelope. I got the fun of unfolding them.
This is Owney, the Postal Dog as a plush toy. I bought this for my honey at the National Postal Museum and, using tags that H got for his assemblages, I recreated the little tagged jacket that the real Owney wore as he traveled with the mail. Cute, right?

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...