Friday, May 27, 2011

Skully update

I'm pretty excited about this project now. The skull and base are dry and seem to be pretty stable.

I made lots of butterflies that will fly out of the head. Tomorrow, I'll attached those inside the skull. FIngers crossed that my vision will actually be able to work out.

I can't believe I cut up maps that are over 100 years old. I still can't believe it. These skulls will be sold, hopefully they'll be purchased, and the money will go to The Richmond Peace Education Center.

2 comments:

phonelady said...

Dang are you crafty or what ? I love stuff like this so much but honestly I dont think I would have the patience to do this . Good going though and yes I hope it sells so the money goes to a good cause .

Barbara said...

cheers to skull appreciation day!
really like that...no borders...no barriers...I get it...what a neat idea...and butterflies...excited to see the finished project...thinking of you, sending hugs, bb

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...