Saturday, May 07, 2011

#157 & 158 series of my Mail art 365 project

#157
 I decided to get back to the 3 or 4 element collage. I'd cut out a lot of words recently while catching up on some TV programs (okay, confession, I do watch TV.) I decided to ramdomly combine words with images. The first one is this REAL one. I like the little seaside town, but can't remember where it is. Watermelon fit the color scheme.
#158




 The birds were waiting to be used so I decided to continue the 3 or 4 item, random word theme with them. Interestingly, for me, is that they end up being narratives. What do you think? They tell some kind of story?
#158a








 The photo is an old view of the Brooklyn Bridge.
#158b

#158c






















This little pup was riding in a woman's purse in some fashion advert. The background is from the same image as the big baby in the landscape (#101)

1 comment:

Andytgeezer said...

always love it when the word REAL is spelt in capitals. It's weird that since starting my REAL wall I notice the word REAL spelt in capitals everywhere. Is there some subconscious desire by humans everywhere to want to reconnect I wonder...?

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...