I went over to the Saturday Farmers' Market in Lakeside but it was a drizzly day and my Hen & Honey source wasn't there. So sad, with empty basket, I headed home.
This was the spooky view at Laburnum and Hermitage, with the A.P. Hill monument in the middle of the circle.
Here's my skull for the Skull Appreciation Event. I cut the top off, and will use that for the base. I sprayed the inside black. I punch out lots and lots of 1" circles from a very old Larousse Atlas (very old, it still showed the Ottoman Empire!) I'm going to cover the pieces in map circles, and the rest is a surprise! These will be sold at the event to raise money for The Richmond Peace Education Center.
I'm using Golden Gel Medium and it's working nicely.
I also made a square for the quilt that Abby is putting together to auction off as a fundraiser at the event. I used the last of the Skull-a-Day fabric, that my son had passed along to me. I'd made some small purses (aka Pockets) out of it but still had some remaining. This is for a 12" square.
As you can see, a lot of skull activity going on. Now, I'm going to set up a blog for the Skull Appreciation Day mail art call that I posted. So much skully-ness!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's August already!!!
The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days. I'm writing writing this...
-
I received a postcard in an envelope, inviting me to participate in the Bunny Project. How fun. The card I received had the bottom right co...
-
I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...
-
I created a couple pieces of Mailart today. One is on an old postcards that had postage on it. Purchased from the postoffice by someone whe...



1 comment:
my goodness you are such a crafty woman . im so glad to include you in my set of friends . Good to see you back home and safe after your trip from afar .
Post a Comment