Monday, May 16, 2011

Mail Art catch up (#166s & #167s) and miscellaneous

 This is #166, playing with tape and words. This is great fun.
 This is my submission for my own mail art call - Skull Appreciation Day mail art. I've numbered it though as part of my 364 project #166a.
 For participating in the wedding of our great-niece, I received a thank you gift of a lovely tin filled with postcards. Really nice cards, with no credit given to the designer, hmmm. Well, I couldn't let the opportunity go by, I HAD to alter them.  This one is #167
 Another of my alterations. #167a. I'm really enjoying the Washi tape, as you can see.
 My friend Phyllis had a birthday recently. She's traveled a lot and this map shows an area that she is particularly drawn to. Technically not mail art, as I just handed it to her. She liked it.
 This is the drain that is NOT draining. Our neighbor thinks the water is going into her basement, but the city guy who came to look at it, and the plumber guy who came to look at it, said "Nope! It drains to the big storm drain under the street." The plumbers are going to dredge it out today. 
Look at what I got from Andrea. She sends fun stuff in the mail. Her envelopes are a wonder to behold AND unwrap.

2 comments:

Margie said...

Okay, I am caught up. I check just about every day and then all of a sudden there are 3 posts I've missed! Hmmm. Well, all I have to say is, you are a powerhouse! I don't know how you do all that you do...seriously! I am a pretty high enengy chick, but I pale in comparison to you. Love the skull mail art and the skull you are putting together. The patio is looking fab! Go Mim! I still say I want to be like you when I grow up! Xo

Anke Martin said...

Oh Mim, your new cards are wonderful!!! I really enjoy seeing your new ideas and fun Mail art cards!!!!
Hope the water think in your neighbours cellar is solved soon!!!!

Smiles, Anke ;)

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...