I'm so relieved that the Richmond Peace Education Center annual auction is over! I was consumed by my tasks for the past 4 days, but glad that I was able to make a contribution to the event. It went well.
Today, we walked to the vita trail in the park. We passed fountain lake, where there were lots of geese, a few ducks, a few sea gulls, and a heron. Pretty cool for a little park near my house in the city.
This is mail that I did on Friday, I have so enjoyed these alterations. These two women came from a 1941 painting called "The Hands" by Paul Delvaux, a painter I do not know. I really like the look on their faces.
Those passers-by are, of course, from Le Grande Jatte, that big painting that I grew up with at the Art Institute in Chicago.
I stayed up very late on Friday, into Saturday morning, so I made my mail art at 3 a.m. I grabbed three pieces of paper that were handy and made a composition of them. The little scrap on top is from that same Le Grande Jatte painting. I added the rubber stamps, just because they were at hand. Not bad for a sleep deprived person.
This is today's card. I decided to use three scraps for this one, also. I went back to one of my boxes of cut out bits that I used early on in this 365 project. I'm thinking that I'll try to use those scraps during this week. I can't believe I'm coming to the end of the daily project. It's amazing to me. Daily, I did at least one a day, if not more! Yikes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's August already!!!
The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days. I'm writing writing this...
-
I received a postcard in an envelope, inviting me to participate in the Bunny Project. How fun. The card I received had the bottom right co...
-
I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...
-
I created a couple pieces of Mailart today. One is on an old postcards that had postage on it. Purchased from the postoffice by someone whe...





2 comments:
Bravo as always mim you have outdone yourself again . I love it all .
Yikes is right!!! Quite an accomplishment my friend . What happens when you are done? I know you have something on the back burner, LOL! Xo
Post a Comment