Today, I'm making a sweet potato pound cake. Here's the image of the one I made back in 2008 and here's the link to the recipe, should you want to try it. It's a perfect cake for fall, though right now we are experiencing a very spring like, about to drizzle day.
Today's mail art play - use commercial postcards from my stash and alter them with only one or two images. This is series #358 (only 7 days left in the year long project!) Someone in Finland send me this card in an envelope, so there's no message on the reverse except a translation of the description. It's a vintage card reproduction.
This is a postcard that I picked up for free in Dublin, Ireland one year. I titled this one "We took a wrong turn?"
The background is a Tiffany stained glass window in a chapel in Petersburg, VA. The little Victorian scrap turned this into something like a music box for me. I don't know why, but it did.
This is another of the Tiffany stained glass windows. I added the butterfly and the old man, who appears to be demonstrating something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's August already!!!
The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days. I'm writing writing this...
-
I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...
-
I decided to recycle some Virginia Museum of Fine Arts monthly magazines. I created this series using bits from the publication. It was a l...





No comments:
Post a Comment