Saturday, July 09, 2011

Catching up on Mail Art and other stuff

#220
I used a cereal box for the base of #220.
#221
1965!
#219



















I went by Gallery 5 for the ending of the Skull Appreciation Day exhibit, and they were having a yard sale there. I scored some 1965 editions of Life and McCall's. I could have gotten more but realized I'd broken my own rule: no more stuff, use what I've got (yes, Jordan, I remembered the rule! But over rode it!)
#219 was done on a base from a cereal box. It would have been enough with the old pansy flower and dots but I really missed using my Washi tape and somehow the gingham fit with the 1959 era flower.   I did another with the torn color paper, which I'm finding very satisfying, but then this morning, I really felt called to alter another card. These Cycladic figure ones are challenging, but I like seeing them as calm, balanced This one I entitled "Nilsa demonstrated her balancing act for the Big O Circus." Fun!
Our dove is still there and now has 3 teeny babies as of 2 days ago. I didn't want to disturb her so I'm staying far back and peeking. No photos for a bit.

3 comments:

phonelady said...

Oh you must take pics of the dove babies when you can . I love the new babies . so awesome . I love your mail art cards as well .

PrixMadonna said...

I especially love the Cycladic figure cards, Mim. I meant to make it over to the Gallery 5 sale today, and never got there. Sounds like it was fruitful!

Margie said...

Home for a couple of days before we leave again so I am playing catch up with my favs! My panda purse goes everywhere with me, camera and batteries at the ready. I LOVE it. Enjoy your Sunday my friend. And belated Happy Birthday! I had it on my calendar, but it got by me as we were away. XO

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...