Thursday, October 22, 2009

Paper

I love paper. I love paper as stationery, as scraps for collages, as maps, as book pages, I just love paper! That said: I want to tell you about an organization that makes paper.

When I read about this organization last week, I knew I had to 1) post it on my Facebook page and 2) blog about it.
The organization was started by Drew Cameron, read about it here.
"Through papermaking workshops veterans use their uniforms worn in combat to create cathartic works of art. The uniforms are cut up, beat and formed into sheets of paper. Veterans use the transformative process of papermaking to reclaim their uniform as art and begin to embrace their experiences as a soldier in war."

Is this not an amazing and wonderful project? The web site offers ways to support this endeavor. Please check it out and pass the information to everyone you know, or blog about it on your blog!

1 comment:

Beanie Mouse said...

How cool is that?!?!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...