Monday, June 13, 2011

#195 series and something creepy

Creepy Mushroom growing by the tree out front.
As long as her eyes were closed, the big head didn't disrupt the hunt
Wally & Helen were delighted by the tiny horses of Tiny Town
This card cracked me up. I was cutting things out of old National Geo magazines (I was so tired of seeing the stack on my studio floor) when I came on this photo. I showed it to my honey and he said, "that's a post card in itself." So I cropped it and turned it into a stage with the Penguin and the Sea Lion, who appears to be laughing uproariously, and the other penguins as audience. So funny to me. Here's the title: Critics found the play "Delightful," "magic," a "Little Gem." Surely The Penguin and The Sea Lion will be a 2012 Tony Winner. We'd just watched the Tony Awards (Best of Broadway.)

I didn't know what to do with head I cut from a Man Ray photo. I felt creeped out by my own caption for this one. What about you?



This couple is from a 1960s National Geo magazine. They were perfect for this card.

2 comments:

phonelady said...

Okay I will say it again . You are the altered post card queen .

Margie said...

These are great! And yes, the mushroom is quite unattractive! No fear anyone would try to eat it!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...