Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Au revoir, Paris

On Monday morning, we left the Cite des Arts after being there for a little over 3 weeks. We had a terrific time and C's photo show was well received. Here's a view of the Cite International des Arts from across the Seine on Ile St. Louis.
My suitcase had more books (more tucked under the ones you can see) in it than clothing, and I worried about it's weight, but we were still under the max. The book with the windmill is my new French/Spanish dictionary. I'm hoping that'll help me retain my French language skills as I continue to learn Spanish. The box with the ribbon is a treat that C got for himself. A cheese knife and fork set by Laguiole (which I learned is pronounced like this: lie-yohl) The big flat black box behind our luggage is all of C's photos. They made it back to the U.S. just fine. Whew! Our flight from Paris to Washington, D.C. was over 7 hours. Why I thought it was less, I don't know, other than wishful thinking, but aside from some bumpy up and down activity, the flight was uneventful. We're home, feeling like being gone was a dream, glad we went, glad to be home. Mail awaited us and aside from junk mail and bills, I had some lovely mail from Andrea in England, Johanna in Finland and my sister in Los Angeles, CA. Life is good!

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...