Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Monticello, Virginia

When my nephew was visiting from the west coast of the U.S. we went up to Monticello, near Charlottesville, Virginia. This was the home of Thomas Jefferson. We took a tour of the house, which is set on a hill. It was very cold and windy that day, but we had a wonderful view. I like the lines of this old tree. Only two or three trees are original to Jefferson's time, but the brochure about the garden notes that there are daffodils from the original bulbs, and rose bushes that he planted. I'm looking forward to doing the garden tour in the spring. This view of the house is the one on the back of the U.S. nickel coin.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

this would make a nice composition for one of my pastel drawings...do you think that I could use it?

xo
babs lee

Ghostprint Gallery said...

i've never been to monticello
when the spring flowers are out sounds like a perfect time

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...