Saturday, March 19, 2011

Last Day in London!

We had a sunny day today, perfect for Andy and Elena's wedding. In the morning, we walked along the south bank taking the sun, wending our way through thick crowds speaking lots of different languages. \There were long lines for the London Eye, which looked scary to me. I got lots of nice photos. Crossed the Thames by Big Ben and made our way to Fulham town hall for the wedding. \It was a really lovely ceremony and dinner, attended by lots of family and freinds. The bride and groom looked wonderfully happy. \Yesterday was very rainy but we met up with my long time mail art friend, Andrea McNeill at the Tate Modern. It was such fun and I got to hold the real Beannie Mouse. Andrea has posted on her blog, which I can't remember the address for, but you can find it via <found-art.blogspot.com> probably. Tomorrow, we're off to part 2 of our adventure, where in I meet two more mail art practitioners, in Istanbul. More when I can get to an internet cafe. Wish I could post photos, but you'll have to imagine: a sunny day in London, daily mail art reflecting that, a wedding ceremony, and a radiant bride and groom. We met lots of interesting people and hopefully, they'll send me their landmail addresses so they can receive mail art from me.More when possible.

3 comments:

Beanie Mouse said...

Well, if you can't remember Beanie's blog address, it's www.beaniemouse.blogspot.com and there's lots of pictures from the Tate Modern.

Paula said...

Glad you're having a nice time, but I miss our frequent communication! I'll be glad when you're back in the states! In the mean time, have fun!

Ryan said...

Hi it's Ryan, seeing if you enjoying yourself. Hope youare having a great time. By the way how was the wedding? Check out my blog at www.splashesofart.blogspot.com Please follow.

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...