Thursday, March 03, 2011

Drawing series, a change for 93 series.

 Last night, I did some prep work for moving along by cutting up more matt board. I had some of this lovely color and set it on my table for today's play.

 I got up early and went right into my studio. I did a bit of cleaning up, I sharpened some colored pencils, I looked at some old photos I'd taken of Day Lillies, and then I just felt an urge to draw, so I did.   .
These are Marsh Marigolds.
 These are Virginia Bluebells.
This is a Harlequin Lupine.

I used a Sakura 01 Microperm pen (black,) Muji colored pencils and a touch of Fantasia Watercolour Pencil in some places, to do these drawings.

Dewi reminded me that drawing is as addictive as glue stick. He's right. I couldn't stop at one, today.

2 comments:

Margie said...

You've been holding out on me!!!! These are lovely. A very nice feel to them. Guess what I would like to get in the mail??? Not so subtle hint, huh? I need one for inspiration and one for a journal page. I can be pretty demanding can't I? Xo

prettylily said...

These are lovely indeed! I love way the flowers have been trimmed. They just flow onto the background.

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...