Monday, September 19, 2011

Mail Art and more

 I was going through my boxes of received mail art. I pulled out some items that came in envelopes, including this postcard, which I altered a bit and am sending back to the person who sent it. I think she'll be surprised as I've had it for a year or more.
 This arrived a couple of days ago. A colorfully painted envelope filled with IUOMA items including my very own membership card. This is exciting. It was sent by Ruud Janssen, the founder of the IUOMA.
Yesterday, we attended a wedding. It was lovely. Here's a photo that I took with my cell phone, which I'm seeing as a painting from another era, with the women in long dresses, right? I might need to start painting again inspired by this.

What an interesting weekend. A memorial service and a wedding, two life cycle events. Keeps one grounded, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Margie said...

Ooh, fun package to receive and yes, that photo does look old fashioned. Xo

phonelady said...

You are such a fun person Mim I love you dearly . take care .

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...