Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday - quiet time to blog.

 The re-construction of my studio has moved along. I peeked in and this is what I saw through the plastic covering the door-way. So dreamy. Still so much to do. The workers will be back tomorrow.
 I saw this face at our nearby movie theatre last week. I posted it on Facebook with a request for captions and I got lots of good ones. How about you? Can you come up with a caption for this face? Or do you see something else here?




365.2 #356

365.3 #206
365.2 #357

365.3 #207
365.2 #358

365.3 #208





Didn't this one turn out so old-timey? I really like it. only 5 small dots and two scraps. I liked it so much that I made the 2nd one for the day in a similar way.









Here's the 2nd Mail Art of the day (Thursday.) 5 dots and 2 scraps. I like the way this one turned out, too. Oh happy me, having fun.









More scraps and dots for Friday.


























Yesterday, I decided to use only 2 scraps - the same for each card.  I'd been saving the rock scrap for the right combination with something and the stripes worked well.








I punched a hole in each of the rock scraps so that the substrate shows through. I wanted to play with the spatial illusion created by the deep shadows. The circles appear to me, to be ON the surface on the rocks, not a hole. Do they appear that way for you?

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...