Thursday, June 06, 2013

Altering my own Mail Art

365.2 #305
 The past three days, I was feeling thwarted by the old photo postcards so decided to just work quickly with what I had at hand. Colored paper and circles.

I made a series of simple color shapes.

I scanned and posted them and realized that I wasn't satisfied with them. Boring, just plain boring.
 Like the Landscape Beautification Project, I needed to do something with these, so I decided to "textify" them - in a move I called "Textification Project."

I found that this worked for me. These aren't my favorite collages, but they are better than before.
365.2 #155


365.2 #306

How nice that, in the case of collage, and Mail Art, I can change a piece, make it more to my liking.
365.3 #156 altered






Do you think the addition of the text improved the composition for you? What would you have done?

1 comment:

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Oh--I think the text really adds to them. And I liked that green and orange combo. Your style is so nice and "spare" -- is that the word? I seem to ad and add and add to my collages -- I like how you keep it simple!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...