Monday, September 03, 2012

Mail Art, rainy day and dots

#30
 I don't know what it is about this one, but I really like it a lot (and I made it!) and other people seem to have responded positively to it also. It's got scraps from an old Russian book and 2 different old French books. Old paper is so appealing. A couple of dots unify.
#31






I found a perfect head for Tiny Town. I'm reluctant to make these too often and use up my supply of cards.
Here's the story: Alice's glance at Mme Gilbert was perceived as disdainful. Whether or not it is, is questionable."
Got any other ideas for stories for this one?
 It rained yesterday. Here's a view through the car windshield as I waited in the parking lot for C to return from the art supply store. We arrived home just as the skies opened up and a huge rain with thunder came down on us. Yay for the garden plants! It looks like it might do the same today.
 You know how much I like dots - a lot - so when we came upon this window display at the Louis Vuitton store on Michigan Boulevard in Chicago last month, I was thrilled.
The displays were a tribute Yayoi Kusama. There is a big display in the New York City store also but with an even bigger dotty part. Here's a fun video by Bill Cunningham. Click HERE. You'll be glad you did. It'll brighten up your day.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

t152Mim, we passed the Louis Vuitton shop in Boston's Copley Square and took a photo of it too! This summer was the summer of the squid on Cranberry Island and it seemed particulalry relevant, but like you I love the dots too!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...