Sunday, September 09, 2012

Mail Art Out & In

 I had a larger piece of cardboard so I decided to layout 2 pieces at once. I had an idea where they'd be but also wanted some randomness when I'd cut the two out.
I picked out piece of paper from my colored paper pile, randomly, and dropped them down. Then I dropped some circles that I'd cut out last week. I pushed those about a bit to make the compositions work better. The following are the two completed cards.
#33a


I like that there's an illustion of transparency of some sort going on.

#33











Some said that they thought this looked like a bird. What? But then I looked again and I can see that it sort of does. Do you see anything in this random composition?
 This piece is for Jayanna. She acquired 70 targets from somewhere - yard sale? Thrift store? I can't remember. She sent them out to people to do something with them. I, of course, with my supply of circles, went dot happy. The piece is slightly over 8.5" x 11" (22cm x 28cm to be exact.) I don't know why it looks square here. It was fun to do this. At first, I thought I'd color in the squares with different color, but I like the way this turned out. (The person wasn't a very good shot.)
This card arrived from Jeanne, with whom I've exchanged cards for a long time, over many years.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...