Friday, May 18, 2012

Making art +

#926
 I'm moving right along towards 1000 pieces of Mail Art since 1 Dec. 2010. Slowly but surely I'll get there.
I like the odd perspective in this collage.
#927

 I promised to send something to a gal in Zagreb, Croatia, who is doing a "Papergirl" project. I sent her 4 pieces, copies of other collages with collaged bits and sewing added to them. They're 8.5 x 11" in size. I rolled them up and mailed them today. Hopefully, they'll arrive.
 This is one of 4 pieces, 5" x 7" in size, that I did for a project here in Richmond. The call was for self-portraits, or portraits. I'm calling this a self-portrait. Can you see why?
 On Mother's Day, we took a stroll through Hollywood Cemetery.
It was a lovely day for this and there were lots of people there, mostly looking for the graves of the graves of the Presidents (2 are buried there.) My DIL and I came across a stone for a Prince and his wife (a Princess by marriage.) I'd never seen this before. We had to brush the pine needles off of the stones to read them. When I got home, I looked up Prince Wolkonsky and was I ever surprised at what I read. So fascinating.
Isn't this a lovely hand holding the flower wreathe? There are some beautiful tombstone in this cemetery.  This is definitely a place to take out of town visitors. 

1 comment:

Margie said...

What a goal to reach! Getting close now my friend!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...