Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Mail Art, some baby stuff, and a weather-gram.

 My friend Andrea in the U.K. makes these super weather-grams and she sent one to me. I hung it on the bush by my front door, where I, also, hung a pine cone given to me a couple years ago by one of my tiny neighbors.  Andrea's fun site is Found-Art. Check it out and see what she's up to.
 I did it, I made a baby sweater. I haven't made one of these in a loooong time. The pattern is from 1986, the size is for a 6 month old baby, and I used cotton yarn from Greece. I'm so happy with how it turned out. Now to wait a bit and see a baby in it!
365.2 #277








I was so happy to find a perfect match for this pier. It was just the right angle and subject matter. 









365.2 #278

I'm feeling fortunate to find so many small paintings that are at angles so that I can fit them into a landscape. I have to sort through many of them to find just the right shape to get the effect of a large painting in the landscape.

365.3 #127


The colors for this rough river scene made it a good match for this painting. I was going to add a shadow behind it, but there were no distinct shadows in the image, so I let it be.
3653 #128







This rocky outcropping presented a bit of a problem until I found a painting with coloration at the bottom of the frame that fit exactly with the shaows on the rock. Amazing! Perfect. Again, I didn't add any shadows behind the painting, before scanning it. I may add them now.

3 comments:

Margie said...

These are fab Mim, and that sweet sweater...awww! xo

Beanie Mouse said...

Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

PostMuse said...

Fabulous mailart! I love how your art looks so very natural. Like those giant frames are really there.

And the sweater is adorable. Great that you used a vintage pattern, too!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...