Sunday, April 28, 2013

Caught up with myself, whew!

 This morning, after I quickly made and posted my 365 Mail Art, we drove up to Washington, D.C. with friends, to see the Smithsonian Craft show. And a special treat at the Sackler, the Cyrus Cylinder.
Amazing! It's sooo ancient. Check out the link.
 My friend took this reflection of our honey's. You can tell that she's a professional photographer, right?
365.2 # 267

#365.3 #117











These two pieces of Mail Art were made on Saturday after I hosted the Slow Art Day 2013 at the Virginia Museum of Fine Art and had dinner with friends. It was late, I was tired, what to do, the day was almost over!


Because I was rushed I grabbed the Washi tape and put a strip down on each card. What to do? Circles of course. And you know what, I actually like them a lot.
365.2 #268

365.3 #118












Since I felt that yesterday's mail art was successful, I used Washi tape and circles again today. More tape, more circles.



I'm quite satisfied with the results of these, also.


What can I say, I'm just satisfied to be making Mail Art every day. I think that sums it up for me.
Here's another view of the entry to the Virginia Museum of Fine Art. I was relaxing on a bench, a couple days ago, after having done a walk through to check on the route for Slow Art Day 2013.  I really like the reflections in the curved window. I like how Robinson house is condensed and it appears that there's a vista beyond.

1 comment:

Margie said...

My fave is 268!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...