Saturday, April 06, 2013

More Mail Art update

 These two pieces of Mail Art use random text and cut up bits of some aboriginal artifacts. I find myself using the same compositional elements but always changing up directions when I made these pairs of cards.
 In these two cards, I altered photos that were sent to me by a web friend in Germany. We've been corresponding for a long time. You can see her work here and here.  I'll probably send her one of these and hopefully, she'll like it.
 These two cards of Kennedy Space Center were part of a collection of travel postcards given to me by a person in my Spanish conversation group. Her parents were doing some spring cleaning and wanted to pass along some of their collection. I can't refuse postcards, can I?
These were fun to alter.


No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...