Friday, June 20, 2008

Zucchini bread.

I got some really fresh, local organic, zucchini at the market yesterday.
I made this bread with it, packaging some of the slices, and some additional small heart shaped loaves, for a bake sale. It tastes really good with cream cheese.

Zucchini* Bread (*Cucurbita pepo)

3 ½ cups flour
2 large zucchini, grated (2 ½ c)
1 t salt 1 C sugar
2 t baking powder 4 eggs
½ t baking soda ½ C oil
½ t ground cinnamon 1 C toasted chopped pecans
½ t ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon & nutmeg. Combine zucchini, sugar eggs, and oil in a large bowl. Mix well. Stir dry ingredients into zucchini mixture just until combined. Toast nuts in a hot oven for 8 min., tossing often. Let nuts cool and fold into mixture. Transfer batter to loaf pans. Bake 50 -55 min., then remove bread from pans and cool on racks. Makes 2 loaves.

3 comments:

JB said...

this looks great. as soon as I have a kitchen again I am going to make this. Hope you are well. Kisses!

Crafty Mama said...

I love zucchini bread! It's one of the few I make from scratch. Try adding a little lime zest in it- yum!

Barbara said...

looks mighty good!
may I come over & we could have some with a cup of tea?

xo
babsLee

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...