Monday, June 02, 2008

In the neighborhood, pole news

An amazing item appeared on the pole where the shelf used to be. It's an assemblage on cardboard. Pretty wonderful. Also, some flowers and gift ribbon adorn the pole. I'm so intrigued by the continuation of community art making/shrine keeping. Neat!! I wanted to share with you some of the flowers from my neighbor's yard. She does wonderful rose bushes and these two were such sweet looking blooms, kind of old fashioned looking. Her hydrangea bush is quite large and bull of blossoms. It's in full sun, while mine are in the shade and haven't bloomed yet.



1 comment:

Andrea said...

Just LOVE that neighbourly "found art" contribution!!!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...