Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More time in NYC

I'm really fascinated by the water towers on top of buildings in Manhattan. I just have to take pictures of them. This one had a particularly interesting, to me, support structure, and I like the way the blue safety rail and ladders look like drawn lines. This mural way all sparkley and shiny. I love how kids "draw" and how nice that their drawings were made into a tile mural. We went over to the galleries on West 26th between 10 and 11th where lots of galleries are located and had a fine time checking out the art. Here are two of the clay plates we saw. One of them is now Chuck's as his birthday present from me. He loved these Japanese plates.


No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...