Friday, August 17, 2012

Mail Art, my workshop, and a cool thing

 This is an altered card. You can see in the previous post what I did with another one of these. I used a strip of dotted Washi tape, some postage stamps and a little girl. 
 Do you recognize the man peering over the water? This is a painting by Paul Signac that I altered with 2 bits; the man & the postage stamp. Watch that light house float away!
 Here's another altered card. I added the circles and the statue. My new set of 50 cards related to water is a lot of fun to work on.

NOTICE: For any of you readers, who might be in the Richmond, VA, area who want to make some Mail Art, I'll be leading a workshop on 15 September, a Saturday, from 10 to 4 at the VMFA Studio School Click HERE & scroll down to #16, to get the information. Sign up, register, and join me. There is room for more people to have a day of fun. I'd love to see you there.
 My young neighbors are very creative. I was walking to the store and came across this latest creation. I love that the plush bald eagle is getting a ride in the boot.
Isn't this so clever? I didn't get to see it in action but I'm sure I will. Applause for the young women inventors!

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...