Saturday, August 02, 2008

My collage...

I recently created 3 small (4.75" x 4.75"/12cmx12cm) collages, two of them I'm submitting to the National Collage Society juried exhibition. This is one of them, the one not entered. I worked on a substrate that was a printed enlargement of a collage I'd made in Paris in 2006. The enlargements didn't really do anything for me, but working on top of them was quite good. It also gave me the opportunity to use some very small photos I had that are from 1922, 1929, and 1933.

2 comments:

Anke Martin said...

HI Mim! Fingers crossed they pass the jury. Looks wonderful!Smiles, Anke ;)

Jenn Milt Art said...

Oh Mim, I just love this one!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...