Monday, November 05, 2012

Mail Art, what else? Oh, and a bit more.

Here are the Kitty pumpkins carved by my little neighbors. They have held up nicely this week, due to the cooler temperatures, no doubt. I baked my small pie pumpkins and now have lots of pumpkin puree. I used some to make a pound cake. I used my sweet potato pound cake recipe and substituted the pumpkin puree. It worked great! Link to recipe here.
#91




The odd thing about this piece is that I had no idea until I scanned it how dimensional it appears. Amazed myself. Just 3 pieces of paper!
#90









I used 4 pieces of paper for this one. I felt it needed the circle on the left for balance.

#93
 I'm using quotes from Dr. Seuss for this series of cards. The cards are so minimal and non-objective but when I put the quotes with them, they have another life.

#94







Three pieces for this one. I like how the circle appears to do something odd to the red paper. 












The circle rests on top of the two different yellow papers. Because it had a "line" in it with two colors, and I lined that up with the edge of the pale yellow paper, it appears to be transparent. It appears to over-lap it. So cool. That's a Josef Albers experiment for sure.
 This is a poster that my friend took a photo of when she was in Buenos Aires. I'm adding it because of the Kitty pumpkins at the top of this post. I like the idea of bracketing my Mail Art with kitties. I have them on my mind because I'd really like to have one again.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...