While we were in New Jersey for our thanksgiving holiday, this piece of Mail Art arrived. What a nice treat to find it waiting for me. The octopus immediately made me think of Carlos Botana's "el Pulpo" Mail Art projects, so at first I thought it was related to that. See my entry as part of this book here. When I turned it over, lovely surprise, it was from a former student who is now in Graduate school in Kansas, USA.
I'm sending this one to her as a response. Also, it'll be the last piece of Mail Art that I send out - until the start of our MailArt365 project begins on 1 December 2010.
I'm thinking about who'll get the first to be sent, which has turned out to be a difficult decision for me. I might put names in a "hat" and pull one. What do you think? Should I do it with a random drawing?
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's August already!!!
The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days. I'm writing writing this...
-
I received a postcard in an envelope, inviting me to participate in the Bunny Project. How fun. The card I received had the bottom right co...
-
I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...
-
I created a couple pieces of Mailart today. One is on an old postcards that had postage on it. Purchased from the postoffice by someone whe...


1 comment:
I love that octopus card! I really must try my hand at this mail art thing. I am committing to 365 letters in 2011. I plan to write one letter each day of the year. Might seem like a bad idea when March rolls around. I hope my letter made it to you!
Post a Comment