Thursday, June 11, 2009

A walk in the park.


I've joined my son and husband on their walks. Well, not exactly joined because they walk very fast and go for 4 miles on the vita course in our nearby Byrd park. I go slower and only twice around, while I listen to Spanish lessons (Showtime Spanish.) The park is lovely, lots of greens and green lawn and a well maintained pathway. Here are two views of a tree that has split down the middle. I don't think it was caused by the storm the other day, no scorch marks from lightening, but oh how a big tree came down like this is amazing to see. I hope to keep doing this with them, as long as my foot allows, as it's really nice to be out early in the day for a walk.

1 comment:

Mica said...

Wow! Miss that park - when you come to NYC we'll all go for a walk on the new High Line park!

It's August already!!!

 The summer is half way over, and glad about it. It's been so hot here and we look forward to cooler days.  I'm writing writing this...